Monday, December 17, 2007

Cheddars (Kingsport & Johnson City, TN)

Chain restaurants are a dime a dozen in the Tri-Cities, however Cheddars sets itself apart with the consistent quality and exceptional value of their food.

I have visited both the Kingsport and Johnson City Cheddars more times than I can count and have never left dissapointed and I cannot say that of any of the countless other chain restaurants in the Tri-Cities.

On one of my many visits my server informed me that one of the owners was seated at a table nearby. She informed me that he visited the restaurant on a monthly basis and orders several items from the menu in order to ensure that the food is being prepared and served in the correct manner. Sure enough the owner ordered about a dozen items, took one bite of each, and took notes. If all owners took the time to do this they might be as successful as Cheddars. I have never driven by either the Johnson City or Kingsport location when the parking lot wasn't full.

The cosistent quality of the food, above average service, and value of the menu simply cannot be beat by any other chain restaurant. Many of the servers have worked at Cheddars for over a year which is another indicator of a good restaurant.

The only thing that has disappointed me at Cheddars is that the oudoor patio is very seldom open for seating. Not many restaurants in the Tri-Cities offer outdoor seating, especially with a water and fire feature as unique as that of Cheddars so you would think that they would offer outdoor seating more often.

Ratings (1-10)

Food: 8
Service: 8
Cleanliness of Restaurant: 9
Cleanliness of Restroom: 9
Value: 10

No comments: